- What exactly are you looking for?
- What do you want
- Reasoned arguments
- Eyewitness reports
- What is the purpose of your research?
- To get new ideas
- To find factual or reasoned support for a position
- To survey opinion
- What is your research type?
- What source or what kind of source would be the most credible for providing information in this particular case?
- Which sources are likely to be fair, objective, lacking hidden motives, showing quality control?
Source Selection tips:
Try to select sources that offer as much of the following information as possible
- Author’s Name
- Author’s Title or Position
- Author’s Organizational Affiliation
- Date of Page Creation or Version
- Author’s Contact Information
- Some of the Indicators of Information Quality